ubuntu feisty vmware problems
In the new Ubuntu Feisty (7.04) I had trouble installing the official vmware. The problem is as follows: Although I recognize the kernel I had and my current kernel headers gave me a compilation error vmmon module. The line was nightmarish:
/ tmp/vmware-config0/vmmon-only/./include/compat_kernel.h: 21: error: expected declaration specifiers or'...' before 'compat_exit'
these packages I have installed ubuntu with apt-get:
vmware-server-kernel-modules-2.6.20-15
vmware-tools-kernel-modules-2.6.20-15 xserver-xorg-
video-vmware
The solution came from: siirlabs
that the following steps: 1 .-
cd / usr / lib / vmware / modules / source /
2 .- sudo tar-xvf vmmon.tar
3 .- cd vmmon-only sudo
4 .- gedit include / compat_kernel.h
change line 5 .-
static inline _syscall1 (int, compat_exit, int, exit_code)
by the following:
compat_exit int (int exit_code)
6 .- cd ..
7 .- sudo tar-cf vmmon.tar
vmmon-only packages with the official VMware vmware-server-console-1.0.2-39867.tar.gz
unzip it tar zxf VMware-server-console-1.0 2-39867. tar.gz
enter:
cd vmware-server-console-distrib
and install:
sudo. / vmware-install.pl
The rest is just like a normal installation of vmware in ubuntu.
an application is installed in Applications -> System Tools -> VMware Server console.
0 comments:
Post a Comment